Membership in NZCS is open to all interested persons and organisations.
Our mission is to promote the development of cartography. NZCS welcomes all individuals and organisations with an interest in and passion for the production and use of maps. The process for joining NZCS is simple. Click the link below for your chosen plan, fill out the application form, and pay your membership fee via bank transfer or credit card. When your payment has been verified your membership will be activated and you will receive a receipt and your website crendentials via email.
Our mailing list is open to everyone whether an NZCS member or not. To join the mailing list only, scroll to the subscription form at the bottom of this page and provide your details. Please direct any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Membership
- Partnership in an active community of like-minded enthusiasts through a registered incorporated society
- Discounted registration at the biennial GeoCart conference (an excellent venue for community networking and discovering what's new and happening in the cartography/geospatial world)
- Option to create a listing on the NZCS Freelance Professionals directory
- Access to digitized NZCS publications and discounts on newly published materials
- Targeted training in cartographic principles and practices through workshops and seminars with overseas experts
- Access to a local network of specialists, academics, and professionals
- Access to international specialists, academics, and professionals through the International Cartographic Association
- Opportunity to interact and network with members of the ICA's many working groups and commissions
- Invitation to attend the ICA's biennial International Cartographic Conferences
- Contribution to the health and wealth of cartography in New Zealand
NZCS offers two tiers of Individual membership. The standard rate will apply to most new members; a discounted Concession rate is offered for students, seniors, and the unwaged. A membership year is July 1 to June 30. Memberships starting after April 1 will carry through to the following calendar year.
Eligibility for the discounted Concession rate must be approved before registration. A discount code will be provided to approved registrants which will unlock the Concession rate. Please email email@example.com for more information and to request Concession approval.
Note: Individuals being sponsored by their employer should ask their payment faciliator to contact NZCS for group invoicing and payment.
CONCESSION: $10 (students, seniors, unwaged)
NZCS offers two Corporate memberships tiers. Benefits include discounts and priority booking for local conferences, training courses, workshops, trade shows, exhibitions, and other events. NZCS also facilitates access to ICA conferences and workshops, and participation in the many specialised ICA commissions, for those businesses desiring to participate in the international cartographic community.
Corporate members are included in the NZCS mailing list and may add their logo or branding to NZCS newsletters, promotional material, and other publications to which they have contributed or supported. Reciprocal promotional arrangements may be negotiated.
Note: Employer tier Corporate memberships are only valid for the duration of employees' paid memberships.
EMPLOYER: Complimentary for any organisation funding three or more Individual memberships for nominated employees
INSTITUTIONAL: Granted upon payment of an agreed annual fee
Mailing List Only
For those not wishing to join the Society but still subscribe to the mailing list for announcements and news, please fill in the form to the right.
Joining the mailing list is free, but it does not entitle you to the benefits conveyed by membership in NZCS.
Press the button to submit.