Membership in NZCS is open to all interested persons and organisations. Our mission is to promote the development of cartography, so NZCS welcomes all individuals and organisations with an interest in and passion for the production and use of maps.
Benefits of Membership
- Partnership in an active community of like-minded enthusiasts through a registered incorporated society
- Access to a local network of specialists, academics, and professionals representing the multi-faceted nature of cartography in New Zealand
- Access to international specialists, academics, and professionals through the International Cartographic Association
- Opportunity to interact with members of the ICA's many working groups and commissions
- Invitation to attend the ICA's biennial International Cartographic Conferences
- A 10% registration discount at local biennial GeoCart conferences (opposite years of ICC) -- these are an excellent opportunity to mix socially with the NZ professional community and gain up-to-date knowledge of commercial cartographic and GIS tools
- Targeted training in cartographic principles and practices
- Workshops and seminars with overseas experts
- Subscription to the NZCS newsletter Cartogram
- Contribution to the health and wealth of cartography in New Zealand
NZMS offers two annual membership tiers for individuals. Prices are in New Zealand dollars. Please contact us with any questions regarding Concession eligibility.
CONCESSION: $10 (students, retirees, unwaged)
Corporate memberships include discounts and priority booking for local conferences, training courses, workshops, trade shows, exhibitions, and other events for employees of a member organisation. Access to ICA conferences and workshops, and participation in the many specialised ICA commissions, are offered as NZCS-facilitated benefits to businesses desiring to participate in the international cartographic community. Corporate Members are included in the NZCS mailing list and may add their logo or branding to NZCS newsletters, promotional material, and other publications to which they have contributed or supported. Reciprocal promotional arrangements may be negotiated. Employer tier memberships are only valid for the duration of employees' paid memberships.
EMPLOYER: Complimentary for any organisation funding three or more Standard memberships for nominated employees
INSTITUTIONAL: Granted upon payment of an annual fee to be determined by the NZCS Committee
The process for joining NZCS is simple. Click the link below, fill out the application, and submit. Then send your membership fee per the details provided. When your payment has been received, we will send you a receipt.
You may also use the Membership Application to join to our mailing list, without formally joining the society. Select "Mailing List only" at the Membership Tier option.